With the number of new colours and colour combinations that we see at shows, there is often confusion about where particular birds should be shown. The following is a list of colour classes that the CCFC will use at their shows. As changes occur, revisions will be made as necessary. Classes are listed in an order that would help determine which class a bird would be shown in, particularly if it is a combination colour. For example an ash red grizzle would be shown in the grizzle class since grizzle is listed before ash red. This system will prevent 2 birds of the same colour being shown in different colour classes.
Anytime that an exhibitor is unsure, he should ask the show superintendent for clarification prior to the judging. The show superintendent will ensure that the bird is judged in the correct class.
1. OPAL – all varieties and markings
2. BROWN– all varieties and markings
3. RARE - colour introduced from another breed - such as reduced, qualmond, pale, faded, stencil, etc - with exception of colours which are listed below.
5. RED or YELLOW SADDLE
6. BLACK or BRONZE SADDLE
7. AOC SADDLE - bar, check, strawberry, etc
8. BODYMARK and MISMARK of any marking
9. GRIZZLE Series - includes all grizzles except in classes listed above
10. ALMOND Series - all varieties of almond(classical, spread, ash red, etc)
11. PIED and MOSAIC- all pieds and splashes except what is listed above
12. POWDERED Series – any of the colours below
13. YELLOW, GOLD and DEROY
15. ANDULUSION Series - includes dilutes and homozygous
16. INDIGO Series - all indigos - bars, checkers, T-pattern - dilute, etc
17. DUN or PALE BLACK
19. ASH YELLOW Series
20. ASH RED Series
21. CHECKER or BRONZE – includes dilutes
NOTE: partnership birds are to be shown as partner & partner, birds not bred by exhibitor as exhibitor(breeder)